Offbeat Careers in PR as a Celebrity Manager
Celebrities such as professional singers, dancers, artists, athletes, performers, actors, and actresses are busy people who have a large number of professional commitments, responsibilities, meetings, and events to attend to, on a daily basis.
In order to meet all their responsibilities and take care of their busy schedule, they need the help, support, assistance and professional services of a celebrity manager.
Job Profile of Celebrity Managers
A celebrity manager’s primary duty is to –
- Take care of their client’s day to day schedules.
- Coordinate with the media and fix dates for interviews and other PR activities.
- Fix meetings and block dates for shooting, events, and interviews.
- Keep a lookout for new career opportunities that will broaden their client’s professional lives.
- Handle their client’s finances.
- Organise tickets and traveling schedules.
- Assist the client to achieve their short term and long term career goals.
- Perform image building exercises for their clients.
Skills Needed to Become a Successful Celebrity Manager
- Strong management and PR skills.
- High degree of maturity, commitment and patience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to solve problems and work around delays.
- Strong decision-making skills and social.
- Good sense and understanding of business
- Ability to liaise with prospective clients.
- 24X7 availability
Career Opportunities for Celebrity Managers
- As as celebrity manager, you can work with celebrity management firms.
- Work as an assistant with another well-established artist or celebrity manager.
- Work with PR firms to gain experience in the world of publicity and Public relations.