Do You Want to Make Your Home a Cool Haven This Summer?
The summer months in countries like India can be quite oppressive and difficult to tolerate. And though you cannot change the weather to your liking, you can make small yet significant changes within your home — so you can keep the heat out and keep your home cool this summer!
SUMMER TIPS FOR YOUR HOME
Come summers and so many of us feel like our home has turned into a hot oven! Well, the good news is with the help of some easy techniques, you can maintain the temperatures within the home naturally and keep your home cool.
For your convenience, we have put together an easy guide; just follow these simple tips and you’re all well prepared to keep your home cool this summer.
LIGHT AND AIRY INTERIORS
To keep your home comfortable and cool in the summer months, opt for light-weight drapes — as they look beautiful and go a long way in keeping your home light and airy.
- Cotton drapes in bold patterns and bright, cheerful colours are a great option.
- As much as possible, stay away from heavy synthetic drapes – a no-no in the summer months!
COOL COLOURS AND THEMES
The choice of colours makes an enormous difference in how your home looks and feels. Also, if you work out of a small office home office, the right hues can give your space a beautiful makeover.
- In the summers, furnish your home using calm and soothing colours.
- Select bed sheets and pillowcases in light colors like white, crème, yellow, blue, and orange, etc.
- Choose bedspreads and tablecloths in vibrant patterns and flowery prints to create an airy and relaxed atmosphere in your home.
When the mercury is rising outside, it is best to simplify your interiors.
- Put away all your dark and thick carpets that look and feel hot and heavy.
- Instead, invest in small, light-weight rugs that add elegance and sophistication to any space.
Remember – less is more in summers.
BRING IN ELEMENTS OF NATURE
Seasonal flowers are a terrific addition to any home.
- Pick flowers from your garden or buy yourself some colourful fresh flowers and place them in elegant vases around the home.
- Small, air-purifying green plants can create a unique cooling effect in your home.
EASY TO DO
- In the afternoons, draw all the curtains of your house to effortlessly cool off your interiors and keep out the heat.
- If you don’t already have them, go shopping for some cheery wind chimes.
- Hang them at the entrance or high up where there is cross ventilation. Let your home come to life with the soothing sounds of the chimes.
A bit of planning and smart investments can help you to transform your living space, and make it more comfortable for you and your family.
So now that you know what your home needs to stay cool this summer, start reorganising your home interiors to enjoy a comfortable summer ahead!