Personalize Your Living Space for Optimum Happiness
Most people would agree that there is no place like home and such feelings get maximized, especially after a long and tiring day at work. Others vouch for the fact that even on a vacation for just a few days, they tend to miss the comfort and familiarity of their abode.
Believe it or not, our environment affects the mood we are in. Clean, relaxed, and comfortable surroundings make us feel happy and content while cluttered, untidy and badly furnished spaces can make us sad, depressed and unhappy.
While you cannot change the size of your home, you can make some simple tweaks and alterations to make the most of the space you have.
Your Home, Your Haven
Here are a few simple tips and ideas on home decor and home improvement which can help you to make your home more comfortable, relaxing and inviting – after all, Home Is Where The Heart Is.
Home Decor Themes
Your living space should ideally be a reflection of your personality and your individual taste. While there are no strict rules to follow when choosing a décor and a theme for your home, there is a lot you can do to beautify and personalize your home.
Experimenting with different styles for different rooms can be a very satisfying experience as it gives you the opportunity to display your personal style.
Here are some home décor ideas and looks that you can choose from –
Beautiful Furniture Choices
• Wooden Furniture such as chairs, wooden tables, decorative paneling, and flooring is an excellent option if you like the look and feel of good quality wood.
• Home Furnishings in greens and browns with reminders of nature in the form of potted plants, fountains, pebble display tabletops, etc., are an absolute must for nature lovers.
• Wrought Iron Furniture such in delicate shapes and intricate designs add a simplistic and modern look to any living space. You can also invest in some beautiful and decorative wrought iron curtain rods, wall hooks, and mirrors, etc.
• Comfortable furniture such as low beds, sofas, soft rugs, bunk beds and cushions in warm / pastel colours are suitable for those who like a relaxed and laid-back look.
• An ethnic theme is a popular choice as it offers a lot of variations in furnishings. Hand embroidered cushion covers, Indian motifs, handicraft items and wall hangings, etc., add a beautiful look to the living space.
• Durable cane furniture combined with soft cushions and padding for extra comfort is another great choice.
• Colour coordinated furnishings matching your furniture and wall colors enhance the overall look of any space. For example, for your living room, you can pick orange and brown as the theme colour and invest in curtains, rugs, table covers, carpets, center table decorative pieces that sport varying shades and combinations of orange and brown.
Lighting Up Your Home
When you’re busy doing up your home, don’t forget to consider one of the most important aspects of a beautiful home – the lighting!
If your home receives plenty of natural light, that’s a great plus. However, if not, you must keep this in mind while selecting the best light fixtures for your home.
High-quality light fixtures that accentuate the beauty of your living spaces. Chandeliers, ceiling light fans, and suspended lights are some great options that you can easily find in the markets today.
A Pleasant Entrance
The main entrance of your home, as well as the entry points to all the rooms in your home, should be welcoming and friendly.
Wind chimes and small potted plants, figurines and pleasant water fixtures are great for adding a little extra beauty and warmth to these entry points.
Feel Good Items
Pleasant memories and thoughts have the power to transform your house into a loving and peaceful home.
Decorate your house using warm, feel-good items such as personal photos set in attractive frames, and collages, aromatic candles, soft lamps and more.
- There’s a lot of beauty in simplicity. So don’t keep more than you can handle. Always opt for comfortable, light-weight furniture that is easy to move around rather than bulky, overwhelming pieces.
- Furnish your home tastefully. Keep passageways and halls clear of any obstacles.
- Make sure to switch off appliances when not in use.
Remember, a home should be comfortable with a lived-in feel to it rather than a cramped, impersonal museum!
Are you looking for a talented home decor writer? CONTACT US