Building a Career as an E-Tutor
The concept of e-tutoring has gained a lot of attention in India as well as across the globe, especially in the USA and UK. An e-tutor is a person who offers tuitions to students using the internet, thus referred to as e-tuitions.
A lot of people are opting to teach online as it provides a lot of flexibility as well as a steady income flow.
Job Profile of E-tutors
To become a successful e-tutor, you must –
- Be proficient in your choice of subject.
- Have access to a personal computer with broadband internet access, a microphone, and speakers.
- Be willing to work according to your students’ time zone depending on the country they are based in.
- Have an interest in becoming an active part of the teaching and education industry.
- Have good communication skills and a strong proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Be willing to learn different teaching techniques using the online mode.
- Have sufficient teaching experience.
The scope of E-Tutoring as a Career Option
- There are plenty of online tutoring websites who look for individuals who are interested in making a career using online teaching and tutoring techniques.
- If you are a master in the subject you would like to teach, you can offer online tuitions to not just school and college students, but entrepreneurs and professionals as well. The higher your efficiency and experience in a subject, the better are your opportunities for growth.
- Depending on the company that hires you, you can expect a fixed income per month or even per hour.
- A career as an E Tutor provides tremendous flexibility including the ease of working from anywhere, as long as you have a steady internet connection.