A Career as an E-Tutor
The concept of e-tutoring has gained a lot of attention in India and across the globe, especially in the USA and UK. An e-tutor is a person who provides tuitions to students via the internet. Hence, the reference – E-Tuitions.
Considering a lot of people are opting for e-tuitions post-Covid-19, the scope of building a successful career as an E-Tutor is constantly rising.
So, Why Should You Consider a Career in E-Tutoring?
Well, for one, instructing students online offers a lot of flexibility. And it can be done without any major investments.
Of course, you will need excellent teaching skills, a steady internet connection and sufficient marketing to get the word out there.
And once you have a steady flow of students, you’re well on your way to build a teaching career online that gives you satisfaction and an income source.
JOB PROFILE OF E-TUTORS
Pre-requisites of a Successful Career in E-Tutoring
To become a leading e-tutor in 2021, you must be
- Proficient in your subject.
- Confident and communicative.
- Efficient in sharing your knowledge and helping your students understand the subject matter with ease and precision.
- Have access to a personal computer with broadband internet access, a microphone, and speakers.
- Willing to work remotely and offer your tuition services, based on your students’ time zone, depending on the country they’re in.
- Eager to become an active part of the online teaching fraternity.
- Good at understanding your students’ problems and clearing their doubts.
- Proficient in written and spoken English, especially if you are tutoring foreign students.
- Be willing to learn different teaching techniques using the online mode.
- Experienced in teaching.
OTHER POPULAR OFFBEAT CAREERS:
Offbeat Career as a Physiotherapist | Offbeat Career as a Voice and Accent Trainer | Offbeat Careers in Fashion | Offbeat Career as a Food Critic | Offbeat Careers as a Fitness Instructor | Offbeat Careers with Museums
Scope of E-Tutoring as a Career Option
- There are plenty of online tutoring websites who look for individuals interested in making a career using online teaching and tutoring techniques.
- If you are a master in the subject you’d like to teach, you can offer online tuitions school and college students as well as entrepreneurs and professionals.
- The higher your efficiency and experience in a subject, the better are your opportunities for growth.
- Of course, some amount of marketing is necessary if you plan to launch your private e-tutoring service online. Online Advertising on FB, Instagram and other social channels is a smart way to reach out to increasingly prospective students.
- Also, many teachers use ZOOM or SKYPE to connect with your online students.
- Depending on the company that hires you, you can expect a fixed income per month or even per hour.
As you can tell by now, a career as an E Tutor offers tremendous flexibility to work from anywhere in the world, as long as you have a stable internet connection and subject proficiency.
If you are serious about a career in e-tutoring, this is the best time to become an e-tutor.
All the best!
LAST UPDATED: 14th Jan 2021